Partner and Head of Family Team
Fax: 0844 801 9746
Telephone: 01480 442078
Simon is a Member (Partner) of Leeds Day LLP and the Family Team Leader heading up a team of experienced family solicitors and support staff. He is also the firm’s Compliance Officer for Legal Practice. Simon joined Leeds Day LLP in 2004 and became a Partner in 2006. He is based at the firm’s St Neots office but can see clients at any of our 3 offices in St Neots, Huntingdon and St Ives as well as offering remote virtual meetings.
Simon is a member of Resolution, the national family law association committed to taking a constructive and non-confrontational approach to family law matters, and an accredited Resolution specialist in complex financial and property matters and cases concerning children. He is a qualified Collaborative family law solicitor offering a unique dispute resolution approach to negotiations through face to face meetings with the client, their spouse and their spouse’s collaboratively trained solicitor.
Outside of work Simon is a keen traveller and sports enthusiast. He is married with two children.
About my work
Simon has a wealth of experience in all aspects of divorce and family law having practised exclusively in this area over two decades.
He deals with all aspects of divorce and family law; in particular focusing on:
- Financial matters in divorce including pensions, investment assets and self-employed businesses and/or private companies.
- Negotiating and drafting pre and post nuptial agreements.
- Child arrangements following relationship breakdown, including living and spending time with arrangements and child maintenance disputes.
- Freezing injunction applications and advising on the protection of assets.
- Advising on finances following relationship breakdown, whether you’re married, in a civil partnership or cohabiting.
Simon makes every effort to adopt a sensitive approach in what is often a traumatic experience for those concerned whilst looking for the best practical solution for his clients. Simon is also highly experienced in representing clients at court in both financial and children related matters, undertaking most of his own advocacy including representing clients at final hearings on children matters.
Examples of work:
- High net worth disputes involving multiple properties, shareholdings in companies and investments.
- Divorces involving pensions with combined values exceeding £1million; pensions are often assets that are overlooked by separating couples when they are a significant financial resource.
- Seeking urgent relief from a family court to freeze assets (commonly properties owned by the other spouse) to prevent a sale or assets being “put out of reach”.
- Representing clients through all the stages of the child arrangements programme where parents are unable to agree on the living arrangements for their children.
What clients say about me
“I wanted to take this opportunity to personally thank you for your excellent support and legal advice. You were an excellent solicitor, legal advisor and support through a very traumatic process. Your skills as my counsel proved to be first class, borne out by the outcome that I received.”
"...the quality and depth of support I received from Simon and his team was nothing short of excellent. The considered measure and timeliness of Simon’s advice was excellent steering me through the divorce process with accuracy, clarity and compassion at all stages of the process...Leeds Day will be my first choice should I ever need legal representation in the future, and have no issue with recommending your services to family and friends." Mr.P.M.