Partner and Head of Commercial Business
Fax: 0844 801 9748
Telephone: 01480 442026
Chris is a Member (Partner) of Leeds Day LLP and leads the Commercial Business team which umbrellas all of our commercial services including: corporate & commercial; employment, land development; planning and property investment.
Chris acts for a variety of clients ranging from private landowners to corporate occupiers, and specialise in landlord & tenant leases and land development.
He prides himself on achieving successful outcomes for clients by working collaboratively with the other side whilst adding commercial value and dealing with the legal aspects of a matter.
Outside of work, Chris enjoys hockey (and is a member of St. Ives Hockey Club), road biking, golf, rugby and cricket. He is married with three young daughters and is also a trustee/director of Magpas Air Ambulance.
About my work
Chris specialises in real estate matters with particular emphasis on investor and occupier work and land development projects.
He is an expert in:
- investment and occupier matters including:
- landlord & tenant;
- business lease renewals and new lease negotiations
- legal management of portfolios
- acquisitions & disposals of freehold and leasehold property, including SIPP/SSAS schemes
- development and strategic site projects including:
- promotion agreements
- option and pre-emption agreements
- collaboration agreements/JVs
- associated finance/secured lending property tax issues.
His range of experience covers sectors such as construction, property investment & occupiers, finance, manufacturing, food, government, charities, healthcare, retail and leisure.
Examples of recent work
- advising local government client on local construction project including professional appointments/service contracts; collateral warranties and s278 (road adoption) agreement.
- advising medical air-ambulance charity on development acquisition of new HQ and airbase including complex buy-back provisions - est. £5m.
- advising developer on acquisition of residential housing site with associated funding - est. GDV £6m-£8m.
- acting for landowner on phased new settlement site with Promotion Agreement est. GDV £60-£100m.
- acting for landowner on development land sale with conditional option and pre-emption agreements plus overage - est. GDV of £48m.
- acting for occupier on phased acquisition of large national distribution premises with combined capital value of c£6.2m.
- acting for landowner on sale of mixed-use development site including conditional planning with overage - est. GDV £30m.
- advising on collaborative agricultural land sale value approx.£7.2m.
- acting for landowner on Promotion Agreement and Equalisation Agreement in relation to phased residential development site sale with estimated GDV of £35m-£45m.