Employment laws are becoming more complex and changes are implemented on a regular basis. If you employ staff you need to be aware of the obligations upon you as an employer. Failure to do so can have far-reaching financial, commercial and reputational repercussions.
At Leeds Day we make it our business to be ahead of the game and work with our employer clients to protect their position. Whether it is ongoing employment law/HR support that you need, or assistance and guidance with a specific project, we are here to help. We are able to provide you with legal and practical support and advice to resolve difficult situations in the best possible way considering the legal and commercial issues whilst always keeping in mind your overriding objective.
We act in a supportive role for organisations across all sectors in the region and beyond which gives us an in-depth understanding of the needs of businesses.
Many businesses do not need a full or part time HR specialist, however, if you employ staff, there will always be HR issues to deal with. Alternatively, you may have a dedicated HR person but there will be times when they may be unsure of how to deal with a particular matter. We can work effectively either with your dedicated HR specialist or provide a stand-alone HR function to support your senior management team. Employment law/HR is a high-risk area where you cannot get enough support and should certainly not be assigned to someone without specialist experience or training.
Unlike certain other HR support services, we can offer the full spectrum of advice up to and including dealing with complex tribunal or redundancy/restructuring situations. We also offer one point of contact and work with you to understand the specific needs of your business.
We can tailor the level of support to match your needs and pockets which can flex from issue to issue. We are as happy with providing you with support and guidance as we are with dealing with the nuts and bolts of drafting letters and chairing meetings for you.
If you are unfortunate enough to have an employment tribunal claim made against you, we will manage and guide you through the process to hearing or settlement.
We also offer a combined package of employment law/ HR together with employment protection insurance via a third party insurance provider which may be of interest to you.
We can provide you with advice, support and guidance on matters that arise including:
- Drafting/ updating employment contracts, terms & conditions and director’s service agreements Drafting/ updating staff handbook or employment policies (it is a legal requirement to have a disciplinary and grievance policies) Implementing contractual or policy changes
- Reorganisations, mergers, acquisitions, TUPE and redundancies
- Disciplinary and grievance issues
- Performance management
- Sickness absence and incapacity
- Family friendly issues/ flexible working requests
- Terminating employment
- Unfair and wrongful dismissal concerns or claims
- Discrimination concerns or claims
- Whistleblowing concerns or claims
- Prepare and negotiate settlement agreements
- Breaches of post-termination restrictions (for example non-compete and non-solicitation), Confidentiality and trade secrets
For more information or to arrange an initial appointment, please contact Rebecca Ryan on 01480 442040 or email Rebecca Ryan email@example.com.