Wills and estate planning
“Leeds Day’s new department head Jane Ollett has seen an upturn in estate management and trusts work for the farming community around St Neots.” (Legal 500)
Our Wills and Probate team deals with wills, the administration of estates, powers of attorney, trusts and law relating to elderly clients.
We offer a sensitive and practical approach to the matters we deal with and to give specialist advice with a view to protecting family wealth.
If it is difficult for you to see us at one of our offices, our team members are happy to meet at your own home. We are also able to visit you to provide advice if you are in hospital or spending time in a care home or nursing home.
Our comprehensive range of services include:-
- Making or updating Wills
- Free Wills schemes
- Assisting with the legal formalities if a loved one has died (known as Probate and Estate Administration)
- Appointing someone to look after your financial affairs or heath and wealth matters (known as Lasting Powers of Attorney)
- If you have been appointed an Attorney (known as an Enduring Powers of Attorney), advice on registration and your duties
- Deeds of Variation or intestacy provision within two years of death
- Management of Finances, including tax planning
- Assisting with a Mental Incapacity if a person has lost their mental capacity
- Advice on Challenging a Will if you feel you have grounds to make a challenge
- Advice on making a A Claim Against The Estate if someone dies and you believe you have not been adequately provided for under a Will or intestacy
- Protecting your assets against Residential Care Fees
- Declarations of Trust – if you are buying a property with someone else and you both contribute sums towards the purchase of the property you may need a Declaration of Trust to protect your interests.
- If you own a property in joint names with someone else deciding whether it is to be held by you as Joint Tenancy or Tenancy in Common.
- Inheritance Tax Planning
We offer a personal, friendly and sympathetic approach, to assist you in planning and managing your affairs most effectively in a wide range of situations. To find out more contact Jane Ollett on 01480 474661 or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org