We will steer you through every step of acquiring the freehold to your property. Whether it is your house or flat. We understand that the process is a technical one and can be confusing but we will explain why each step has to be taken and what lies ahead – from the start of the transaction to the end.
We will deal with every aspect starting with statutory notices through to the completion and registration of your acquisition.
Where there are a large number of tenants willing to take part in the collective enfranchisement, we will look to put in place a Participation Agreement for the benefit of all those involved in the process.
Some firms offer this service but not many can claim to actually be experts. Our leasehold enfranchisement team have acquired vast expertise in this field and we are recognised nationally for our ability.
We have dealt with a large number of enfranchisements from a small collective of 2 or 3 tenants acquiring the freehold to their house to hundreds of tenants acquiring the freehold to their block of flats.
We work closely with other appointed professionals such as valuers and surveyors. Our property litigation department will deal with any hearings in the LVT.
We can assist with the formation of a new freehold company to act as the nominee purchaser, formation of a management company (if one does not already exist) and all associated corporate matters including memorandum and articles of association and filing of relevant documentation at Companies House.
In summary, our services cover the following:
- Statutory applications under the Leasehold Reform Housing and Urban Development Act 1993;
- Valuation issues;
- Participation Agreements;
- Formation of freehold and management companies;
- Dealing with funding arrangements (whether from private sources or via an institutional lender, such as a bank);
- Contract and transfer negotiations, completion and registration;
- LVT applications and hearings; and
- Amendments to leases post-completion, including lease extensions
For more information, please contact Mohammed Hafiaz on 0844 567 2222 or send an email to email@example.com