Fax: 0844 801 9747
Telephone: 01480 442040
Claire graduated from the University of Hull in 2006 and completed the Legal Practice Course at the College of Law in Chester. She qualified as a solicitor in September 2009 after completing her training at Park Woodfine Heald Mellows LLP before joining Leeds Day.
Claire is a member of the Employment Law Association.
Outside of work, Claire enjoys travelling, running and socialising with friends and family.
About my work
Claire has over 6 years experience of guiding employers and employees through the complexities of HR and employment law to ensure that each matter is resolved in the best possible way. Claire not only considers the legal issues with each client’s problem but also aims to find a pragmatic solution which achieves the client’s objective.
Claire’s advice covers the whole range of HR and employment practice and legislation including contracts of employment and staff handbooks, internal procedures, restrictive covenants, reorganisations and redundancies, TUPE, settlement agreements and employment tribunal proceedings.
Examples of recent work
- Successfully defended a local business against a claim for constructive unfair dismissal;
- Advised 3 individuals on a Deed of Release with regards to onerous restrictive covenants imposed by their employer;
- Reviewed, amended and successfully incorporated new terms of employment for a local charity;
- Advised a local business on a complex redundancy exercise;
- Negotiated a large number of settlement agreements for the benefit of individuals.
What clients say about me
“Thank you for your advice, guidance and support over the last few months with resolving a number of potentially sensitive HR issues to our complete satisfaction“ Peter Brown, Colortrac Ltd
“I just want to thank you for your advice on the terms of my settlement agreement and for acting swiftly to bring the matter to a conclusion“ Ms Botelho
“Thank you for your efficient service in providing bespoke contracts of employment and a staff handbook for our employees based in the UK” Company A