Partner and Head of Commercial Business
Fax: 0844 801 9748
Telephone: 01480 442026
Chris completed his legal practice course at the Inns of Court School of Law and qualified as a solicitor in 2004 after completing his training in the City. He then moved to Eversheds LLP before joining Leeds Day.
Outside of work, Chris enjoys mountain and road biking, golf, motorsport, rugby, cricket, and photography. He is married with three young daughters and is also a trustee/director of Magpas Air Ambulance.
About my work
Chris specialises in real estate matters with particular emphasis on investor and occupier work and land development projects.
He is an expert in:
- investment and occupier transactions including:
- landlord & tenant;
- business lease renewals and new lease negotiations
- legal management of portfolios
- acquisitions & disposals of freehold and leasehold property, including SIPP/SSAS schemes
- development and strategic site projects including:
- promotion agreements
- option and pre-emption agreements
- collaboration agreements/JVs
- associated finance/secured lending property tax issues.
His range of experience covers sectors such as construction and property, finance, manufacturing, food, government, charities, healthcare, retail and leisure.
Examples of recent work
- acting for land owner: conditional option with pre-emption and overage for development land sale with est. GDV of £48m
- acting for occupier on phased acquisition of large industrial premises with combined capital value of c£6.2m;
- sale of mixed-use development site est. GDV £30m including conditional planning sale of residential development site with overage and retention and development of commercial site;
- advising on collaborative agricultural land sale value approx.£7.2m;
- advising land owner client on Promotion Agreement and Equalisation Agreement in relation to phased residential development site sale with estimated GDV of £35m-£45m;
- acting for occupier tenant acquiring lease of substantial industrial premises in Huntingdon with capital value of £2.14m.