Fax: 0844 801 9748
Telephone: 01480 442026
Chris completed his legal practice course at the Inns of Court School of Law and qualified as a solicitor in 2004 after completing his training at Healys LLP. He then moved to Eversheds LLP before joining Leeds Day.
Outside of work, Chris enjoys cross-country mountain biking, Motorsport, rugby, cricket, golf and photography. He is married with three young daughters and is also a trustee/director of Magpas Air Ambulance charity as well as being an active member of St.Neots Round Table (441)
About my work
Chris specialises in commercial property transactions with particular emphasis on investors and occupiers work and land development projects.
He is an expert in:
- investment and occupier transactions including:
- landlord & tenant;
- business lease renewals and new lease negotiations
- legal management of portfolios
- acquisitions & disposals of freehold and leasehold property, including SIPP/SSAS schemes
- development and strategic site projects including:
- promotion agreements
- option and pre-emption agreements
- collaboration agreements/JVs
- associated finance/secured lending property tax issues.
His range of experience covers sectors such as construction and property, finance, manufacturing, food, government, charities, healthcare, retail and leisure.
Examples of recent work
- acting for occupier on phased acquisition of large industrial premises with combined capital value of c£6.2m;
- development of mixed-use site est. GDV £30m including conditional planning sale of residential development site with overage and retention and development of commercial site;
- advising on collaborative agricultural land sale value approx.£7.2m;
- advising land owner client on a Promotion Agreement and Equalisation Agreement in relation to phased residential development site sale with estimated GDV of £35m-£45m;
- acting for occupier tenant acquiring lease of substantial industrial premises in Huntingdon with capital value of £2.14m.
What others say about me
“I have worked with Christopher to assist many of my clients. He has extensive experience and knowledge of all matters legal. I have known him for two years and he is very approachable, professional and explains things in language that the ordinary lay-man can understand. I have no hesitation in recommending him.” Simon La Frenais, Commercial Manager, HSBC Bank PLC
“Chris comes highly recommended on dealing with the legal aspects of the licensed trade. In all my dealings he has always been professional, well informed and understands the complexities of the leased and tenanted model.” Paul Barnfather, Regional Manager at Enterprise Inns plc.
“I have worked with Chris on a considerable number of commercial property transactions over almost a decade and consider him to be highly professional, amenable, knowledgeable and astute in his dealings. He is a pleasure to work with and deals with matters efficiently and expeditiously which is why his clients are always happy with the results and why I have no hesitation in recommending his services.” Howard Westgate, Associate Director Barford + Co.