Whether acting for a landlord or tenant, our team of commercial lease solicitors believe carefully managed negotiations in statutory lease renewal cases are essential to try and avoid ending up in Court.
We believe the same is true even where a lease renewal is voluntary.
We have a depth of understanding and wealth of experience in this area and, where it is necessary, can draw on the expertise of our property litigation department to assist.
Our experience in advising our clients includes the following for all types of commercial real estate:
- Voluntary business lease renewals
- Landlord and Tenant Act 1954 statutory lease renewals
- Rent review issues (interim and final)
- Section 25 notices – landlord’s statutory renewal and determination notices
- Section 26 notices – tenant’s statutory request for renewal notice;
- Section 27 notices – tenant’s notice to end a lease
- Contested renewals
- Court proceedings (via our Property Litigaton department)
We work closely with our clients and their other advisers (e.g. surveyors, agents, valuers and barristers) to ensure that matters are concluded in a cost effective manner and within agreed timescales.
For more information, please contact Christopher Dodd for non-contentious matters on 0844 567 2222 or email@example.com or Mohammed Hafiaz for contentious matters on 0844 567 2222 or firstname.lastname@example.org