Leeds Day is proud to support MacMillan Woodlands Centre.
The Woodlands Centre is a state-of-the-art building where people can receive first-class cancer treatment, at Hinchingbrooke Hospital. The Centre is now looking to fund it's next project: Macmillan Garden Room.
The new Macmillan Garden Room will provide a non-clinical space where people can access support services to help them feel well during and after their treatment.
Located in the courtyard of the Macmillan Woodlands Centre, the Garden Room will host activities that offer emotional and practical support. From meditation to make-up courses, patients and their loved ones can access a range of services to help them overcome the impact of cancer.
The new Macmillan Garden Room will:
- provide a dedicated space for people affected by cancer to access support from diagnosis, during treatment and when living with the long-term impact of cancer
- host survivorship activities such as yoga, meditation and circuit training
- offer practical classes that support people affected by cancer to return to work
- free up space in the old woodlands centre, where some classes are currently held, so the building can be refurbished to create additional consultation rooms
- create a non-clinical environment that is comfortable and spacious for patients, their family, and friends, to visit at the hospital
- optimise the quality of life of people living with and beyond cancer.
In line with Leeds Day’s corporate social responsibility plan, we are keen to support local based charities and if you wish to apply for sponsorship please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.